About Me

My photo
The blog is rarely updated .. a year once maybe ? Logen A. Beastly

Muse

TOP POSTS

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wandering Soul

Freedom...
Chains constrained me ,
No longer around me ...
Down I look ,
Drowning in the middle ,
Of a crimson red fluid ...
The form of an unknown ...
The scent of a burnt flesh ...
Middle of a war ground ...
The unfamiliar flag-holder ,
Firing away...
I ,unscathed by the soaring bullets,
Lancinating through my body,
There I stood...
As I look around...
This putrid soil..
I stand among few others,
Pale wanderers ,
I turned around,
Facing a rather familiar flag ..
The soaring bullet found its destination ..
Planting itself on him,
The soldier ..
As he falls..
On this putrid soil..
The moonlight shining upon his falling figure..
Is he dead....?
I wondered ... 
As he fell on the ground ,
I look in disbelief ...
As he stood up..
Howling in pain ...
He rose from the ground ..
Leaving his figure deferred ,
On the ground it laid ..
Middle of the familiar crimson red liquid ..
Pool of blood ..
I swift my eyes ,
I look back on my feet ,
The isolated figure ..
My isolated figure ...
As everything had made sense ...
I looked at the others in disbelief ..
To meet their confused stare ,
Stares of a man in need ..
Of answers ... 
Answer I knew ..
Answer I wished to be unreal ..
As I .. 
A wondering soul myself ,
Stood in the middle of this battleground ...
Deferred in time and space ..
Sacrificed for a flag 
A flag I died to rescue ...